Posted to alt.home.repair
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Bush joke (parting shot)

wrote:

I did read it correctly. The mistake I made was in the first
sentence of my reply, where I should have said "How can you say there
is a need to wait?" Which I stand by. The kook statement made
was:

"Well Jim even the MOST patriotic American would have to agree the
last 8 years were the most disastrous for the USA in history!"

That is very different than evaluating Bush or any other president and
where they rank in history. I agree that usually takes decades. But
the last 8 years were clearly NOT the worst in US history and anyone
with any sense of history and balance knows that today.

OK. I think we are pretty much agreed. Even the most pessimistic view of the
last 8 years does not get it near the list of worst periods in US history. It
probably doesn't even compete with ca. 1970. 50,000 dead in a nasty war. Losing
that war. 10% inflation. A President forced out of office. Stock market in
the tank. It was a good time for me personally, but kind of a rough time for
the country.

-- Doug
-- Doug