TDUP

Default cutting circles on a bandsaw

You have to guide the blank into the blade by using a runner in the miter
slot of the saw. Fine woodworking has a plan for a circle cutter that uses
the miter slot and works really well. Maybe someone has a link???

Tim

"Larry Levinson" wrote in message
I know there has to be a simple answer:

I made a small circle-cutting jig from some MDO and a 1/4" bolt, with
the bolt 1.5" from the edge of the jig. I want to end up with 3"
circles. The problem is that if I make a blank big enough for a 3"
circle, I can't fit it between the pivot bolt and the blade, and if I
make the blank much smaller, I end up with large flat spots on the
circle. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

If I had a really good sig file statement, this is where it would be.