Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
wolfgang wolfgang is offline

Default Looking for references on Boring

On Jun 13, 5:46*pm, Wes wrote:
Louis Ohland wrote:
* I need some suggestions for references on Boring.

PS. Not the bored with life books. No ennui here...

Make sure *your cutting tool/insert is aligned on centerline.

Wes
in their eyes." *Dick Anthony Heller

Make sure the cutting tool has sufficient front clearance so as not to
rub on the inside wall.

Set the cutting edge at or slightly above the centre line of the
lathe.

If you get serious vibration slow the speed and/or increase the feed/
rev.

Point 1) and 3) also apply when using a boring head in the mill.

Keep the bar extension as short as possible.

Wolfgang