Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Cove radiant electric heating for my tool room

I was looking for a electric heater for the room I'm building to house my lathe and mill
inside my garage. Since I heat the house with propane, it was pointed out to me that
electric when considering the cost of a gas furnace is the way to go.

I was looking at floor mounted heaters when I came across ceiling cove radiant heaters.
That sounds interesting. Anyone have experience with them? Heat is heat but since I
plant to keep the room at idle when I'm not in there, having directed heat at me where I
stand between lathe and mill (located opposite) sounds like a good plan.

Northern michigan, R30 ceiling R22 to R26 depending on which wall.

Comments welcomed.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller