Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Reason For Dead Phones?

Murriel wrote:
Worsening static and now completely dead. The phones test OK on the
network interface device box attached to the exterior siding of the
house, which suggests that the problem is inside the house. We have a
maintainance policy for inside the house. Could this problem be due
to mice chewing wires? If so is there a danger? -- Worried

I had a wire break in an outlet box in the kitchen. Install by phone
company was somewhat sloppy twenty years before and I figure vibrations
in floor may have stressed the wire. No bugs or mice did it. I fixed it
myself as I had no contract.