Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default Reason For Dead Phones?

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 12:58:36 GMT, (Murriel) wrote:

Worsening static and now completely dead. The phones test OK on the
network interface device box attached to the exterior siding of the
house, which suggests that the problem is inside the house. We have a
maintainance policy for inside the house. Could this problem be due
to mice chewing wires? If so is there a danger? -- Worried

Are these standard telephone lines or are you using a cable
phone service?

Assuming it is traditional phone lines, then it could be
nothing more than a poor connection somewhere. You just have to track
it down.

I don't know much about the line backer insurance policies. I
suggest you read what is covered and see if it is covered. Funny
thing about those. When I had traditional phone lines they tried to
sell me that service. Under the rules of my local public utility
commission, the provider was responsible for the interior lines, even
without the insurance.