Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Photocopier - paper scratches on the OPC

On 6/13/2009 5:42 AM Jim Yanik spake thus:

toner is a wax compound.waxes are also lubricants.

That's not my understanding: from what I've read, toner is basically a
mixture of pigment (carbon black or equivalent) and plastic (styrene)
that melts onto the printed substrate (paper).

Maybe you're thinking of phase-change/sublimation printing (e.g.,
Xerox/Tektronix Phaser), which does use wax as the carrier.