Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default Can bouncy exercise damage the floor?

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 03:18:00 +0000 (UTC), (David
Combs) wrote:

In article ,
wrote

Is it possible to damage the house from using the living room as a
work out area? I was concerned about all the shocks to the floor from
jumping rope, etc. I have a newer home built in the last 5 years.

But if there's water pipes (or worse!) running under the floor,
after a few years 30-min exercise per day (jumping jacks, etc),
you just might get a break. Especially in an older house.

Depends on what you mean by "older." I think most houses built before
1950 were pretty damned sturdy: the lumber was so much better back
then, and builders didn't cheap out the way they do now. I would have
no hesitation to jump rope in my living room of my 1930 house.