Posted to alt.home.repair,balt.general

Default Electrical Ballast

On 6/12/2009 5:34 AM Art Todesco spake thus:

It's too bad we went down this path. [meaning CFLs w/built-in ballasts]
Right now we throw away perfectly good "ballasts" with every CFL.
Some of the early CFL-like lamps had an electronic ballast which you
keep, just replacing the lamp part. Kind of like the circular
fluorescents and the long tubes.

Right. CFLs, while more energy-efficient than incandescent bulbs, are
hardly "green". This one oughta be forced back to the drawing board.