Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bush joke (parting shot)

Jim Yanik wrote:
Douglas Johnson wrote in
:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

It's a speculation based on what Conservative Religious
Republicans consider to be proper behavior and my observations
of various groups over the years. It's simply a way to get
Conservatives to look at the subject from a different angle.

Sorry. I can read that from what you wrote. It is an interesting
spin. Another spin is from Freakonomics which put together a case that
Roe v. Wade was a major cause the drop in crime in the 90's. Short
version of the argument is that Roe v. Wade allowed a large number of
criminals-to-be to never be born.

-- Doug

Children born into families that WANT them,and properly provide and care
for them make better,more law-abiding citizens.
As a group,children born into single parent "families" have a history of
doing worse. As a group,their chances for success are not as good.

Years ago, I worked with two brothers (no pun) who
were some of the finest young Black men I've known.
Their mother was a nurse and their father worked at
the steel mill. The boys had both parents at home
and a grandmother who would whip their parents if
they let the kids get away with anything. The guy
said "If I mess up, mama wups me when I get home,
then daddy wups me when he gets home and grand mama
will wup all of us if mom and dad don't wup me."
The brothers were never arrested for anything, they
never got into any trouble with the law except for
driving while black and avoided arrest by not running
their mouth at the police. They have grown up to be
the best of citizens with good paying jobs and loads
of respect. They learned personal responsibility at
an early age.

TDD