Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bush joke (parting shot)

On Jun 12, 1:55*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 6/12/2009 9:25 AM spake thus:

On Jun 11, 7:20 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 6/11/2009 11:32 AM spake thus:

On Jun 11, 12:19 pm, RicodJour wrote:

http://costofwar.com/Idon't see that that money was wisely invested
in our future, do you?

I say the money spent on the war in Afghanistan was absolutely the
correct thing to do. *That's $190Bil.

Whoa. Stop right there.

So please, tell us just exactly what we got for our $190 B.

We put all the Al-Qaeda training camps that were in Afghanistan and
through which 50K terrorists passed out of commission. * We took the
Taliban out of power and showed the world that if you sponsor
terrorism, you run the risk of having the US take out your little
empire, blow up your house, and kill your family.

We "took the Taliban out of power"? Really? *Really*?

Yeah, that's right. Last time I checked, Afghanistan has a
functioning government that doesn't include the Taliban. And girls
are going to school again. Funny, aren't you libs supposed to be in
favor of women's rights? And people aren't having their heads cut
off by the govt for alleged religious infractions or being beaten in
public for not dressing the way the Taliban says you must. The Al-
Qaeda training camps, through which 50K terrorists openly passed while
Clinton was in charge, are now gone. Yeah, the Taliban still
controls some parts of Afhanistan and is causing trouble, but they
have paid a heavy price.

On the news tonight, Pakistan civilians are fed up with the Taliban
and are forming militias now to help take them out. Seems they
finally got fed up when the Taliban blew up a few mosques and killed
mullahs that were not pro-Taliban. Also, the folks in the Swat
Valley had enough of them, killing innocent civilians at will and
throwing those little girls out of school. Why is it that libs like
you always try to find anything negative you can about anything the
USA does and focus on that, while remaining silent about the true
evil, like the Taliban. Are they completely finished. No. But WWII
nor any other war of importance wasn't easy or smooth either.

I'm still waiting for an answer. You said the war in Afghanistan
after 9-11 was not justified. I asked, with the WTC still smoking,
3,000 Americans dead, and Al-Qaeda based in Afghanistan under the
protection of the Taliban, exactly what YOU would have done.
Curious how you can be a Monday morning quarterback, critiquing
EVERYTHING possible about what the US has done wrong, yet you can't
answer that simple question.

Sheesh. I'm through discussing this with you, given how little you seem
to know about the actual situation over there, and given what deep
denial you're in that things are going very badly for "the allies" (aka
"the good guys") in Afghanistan.

Yeah, things were also going far worse in Iraq just a year ago, than
they are in Afghanistan. Guys like you and Harry Reid said that
war was lost too and we should withdraw immediately in defeat. I'm
sure you are now very dissappointed that it's been completely turned
around, so you have one less thing to bitch about. Had Bush listened
to guys like you, Al-Qaeda would be using Iraq as a base now and Iraq
would have lost millions of innocent civilians in civil war and
chaos. But you'd be happy to see that happen, just so you'd have
more to bitch about the USA, wouldn't you?