Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic Michael Koblic is offline

Default What are these?

On 2009-06-11, Michael Koblic wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27683124@N07/3614881435/

and the next two pictures.

I suspect they are knurling wheels of some sort. Seeing how one was
mounted presumably you just press them against a rotating part?

Not just knurling, but decorative knurling with those grooves.
Yes, you just press them, not move them along the workpiece as you
would with normal knurls.

Probably for use in gold watch cases and the like.

Thanks.

I have gone through the auction loot for the umpteenth time (on this
occasion with a view of adapting the tiny little QCTP to my Taig - see
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2768312...7618494533622/
for those interested - hardly a moon rocket!).
Every time I look I find something new I did not appreciate before.

--
Michael Koblic
Campbell River, BC