Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Photocopier - paper scratches on the OPC

"N_Cook" wrote in
:

Jim Yanik wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

In that are is what looked like an afterthougt 1W resistor to
ground, marked brown black brown. Surely not if a few hundred
volts there. With a good light brought into the area I could then
see it is brown black
purple.
Just an ordinary looking MO resistor, enamelled ,no glass
encapsulation,
but
1 Gigohm.

Wouldn't that be 100M? (10 x 10^7)

yes.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I'm not used to seing that colour combination.
Measured about 1000Meg, by comparison with a glass cased 1Gohm , with
a high voltage source, it is grey not purple on the third band on
rechecking.

I'm surprised it would stay 1G for any length of time,with an enamel
coating.

maybe you could post a pic of it.I wonder who makes them?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik