Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Breathing air from a compressor

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 23:15:24 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

jay wrote:
Hi All
I assume it's not safe to breathe air from an oil lubricated air
compressor at sea level.
But does anyone know if it's safe to breathe compressed air from an
oil free compressor?
Thanks for your input.

In addition to what everyone else mentioned, you might
pick up a used CPAP from Craigslist. My local listing
shows 6 machines available from U$ 200. and less.

$200 is a good price. (Nothing local to me.)

--
"In an age of bodily repose, with nearly all locomotion artificial,
with money as the principal purveyor, it is not surprising that men are

Popular Science
_On the Artificial Production of Stupidity in Schools_
June, 1872

Good quote, sir!

I'll see you:

Civilization is the art of living in towns of such size the everyone
does not know everyone else.
-- Julian Jaynes, "The Origin of Consciousness"

And raise you one:

In schools, we create artificial environments for our children that
they know to be contrived and undeserving of their full attention and
engagement. Without the opportunity to learn through the hands, the
world remains abstract, and distant, and the passions for learning
will not be engaged.
-- A CERTAIN SHOP TEACHER WHOSE NAME I HAVE LOST
As quoted by Matthew Crawford in _Shop Class as Soulcraft_
(Ayup, I received my copy yesterday)

--
The doctor can bury his mistakes, but an architect
can only advise his client to plant vines.