Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default petrol brushcutter...is this correcdt?

Krusty wrote:
Steven Campbell wrote:

"Krusty" wrote in message
Steven Campbell wrote:

Bought a petrol Ryobi brushcutter yesterday.
I was under the impression that once the motor was fired up, the
cutting head would spin all be it slowly If I pull the trigger and
the revs go up considerably, the head will spin but as soon as I
introduce it to the heavy overgrowth it stops spinning. Its not
until I have it revved up to the full amount (or at least it
seems that way) that it will spin and cut without problem Is this
correct?
Yes, & the instructions probably say as much.

First place I looked, nothing in there.

Just checked mine (Ryobi Expand-It) & it says in big bold letters near
the start of the 'Operating the Trimmer' section: 'Always operate
trimmer at full throttle'.

Oddly enough I just did some strimming, and basically its dosn't really
work at anything BUT full throttle. Buggers run out of nylon cord too.
fun time winding more more on tomorrow, not!