Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default petrol brushcutter...is this correcdt?

Steven Campbell wrote:
Bought a petrol Ryobi brushcutter yesterday.
I was under the impression that once the motor was fired up, the cutting
head would spin all be it slowly
If I pull the trigger and the revs go up considerably, the head will spin
but as soon as I introduce it to the heavy overgrowth it stops spinning. Its
not until I have it revved up to the full amount (or at least it seems that
way) that it will spin and cut without problem
Is this correct?

There is a clutch - so at idle it should not spin.

The Ryobi seems to need a fair amount of throttle to get it cutting well
though.

--
Cheers,

John.