Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim[_28_] Jim[_28_] is offline

Default petrol brushcutter...is this correcdt?

"Steven Campbell" wrote:
Bought a petrol Ryobi brushcutter yesterday.
I was under the impression that once the motor was fired up, the cutting
head would spin all be it slowly
If I pull the trigger and the revs go up considerably, the head will spin
but as soon as I introduce it to the heavy overgrowth it stops spinning. Its
not until I have it revved up to the full amount (or at least it seems that
way) that it will spin and cut without problem
Is this correct?

Our McCulloch strimmer has a tendency when cutting longer grass to wrap
a load of vegetation around the spindle at the business end and jam
things up so it doesn't spin as easily. You need to take the spool off
to really clean things out if this happens.