Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default stress strain of roller chain

Karl,
There are many, many different chain types for any given size and each have
their own use parameters. I use www.ustsubaki.com for my chain solutions.
Here is a tip, never use keyed sprockets for bi-directional loads, as the
keyways will eventually loosen. Tsubaki markets sprockets with compression
(friction) drive hubs and they are brilliant. Another tip, metric and US
standard chain sizes are practically interchangable and that fact is never
stated anywhere.
Steve

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
I'm trying to decide how large a roller chain I need...

Does anyone know of a table that shows how much each size roller chain
stretches under increasing loads?

The application is my plasma table. I'm upgrading from cable tension drive
to roller chain.

Karl