Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default petrol brushcutter...is this correcdt?

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:53:29 +0100, Steven Campbell wrote:

I was under the impression that once the motor was fired up, the cutting
head would spin all be it slowly

My strimmer does.

If I pull the trigger and the revs go up considerably, the head will
spin but as soon as I introduce it to the heavy overgrowth it stops
spinning. Its not until I have it revved up to the full amount (or at
least it seems that way) that it will spin and cut without problem
Is this correct?

I use the throttle on mine more or less as switch either idle or flat out.
There is a centrifugal clutch in there. Is this a new or second hand
machine? Maybe that is a bit stiff, not bedded in if new, full of crud if
old...

--
Cheers
Dave.