Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Larter Bob Larter is offline

Default Having playback issues when recording for awhile, VCR brand JVChr-S3900

truepurple wrote:
Dave, what usernet group web interface would you recommend?

What does a pinchwheel look like, how would I change it? How would I
turn it upside down if possible?
.
How would I determine if power supply caps are responsible?
.
How do I check that the guide rollers are free to rotate?,
.
What does a "back-tension band" look like and how do I know if it is
worn out?
.
" However, that said, sometimes, symptoms such as this
are caused by tape friction as a result of wear on the lower head
drum."
.
How do i check if this is the case?
.
" Occasionally, if you've got nothing to lose, a degree of recovery
can be achieved, by using metal polish
to shine up the dull worn area on the lower drum. Note that this is
the
*fixed* duralumin part of the drum, *not* the chrome rotating part "
.
How would I do that? How would I tell the difference between those two
parts of the drum?

The short answer to your question is that if you can't figure out how to
do any of those things, you are probably too inexperienced to attempt
the repair yourself.