Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Can two twin matrresses be made into one BIG bed?

wrote:

How is it possible to set two twin mattresses side by
side to make one big bed?

Slide the frames next to each other. If you buy a king frame, it will probably
not provide enough support along the inner side. The can be addressed with
plywood, or some extra wood underneath, but what's the point?

How to cover or fill in the "crevice" between the twins?

Have slept this way for years as I'm a light sleeper. I've seen "T" pads
designed to fill the gap, but never found the need. Any group activity tends to
be on one side or the other.

Should I use tow twin bed frames..... or one big king
frame to hole everything?

King frame won't work for a couple of reasons. One cited above, the other is
that two twins do not make a king. They're the right width but 6" short. You'll
either have to cut the frame down (which still leaves you short on side
support), or buy Twin XL mattresses. You will also run into the same problem
with fitted sheets.