Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Running cable through an outside wall

wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 07:51:14 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

SBH wrote:
Though, I haven't taken a good look yet to the possibility of this
but how difficult is it to run cable through an outside wall on a
bungalow? It was a small addition to the kitchen on the back of the
house (was there when we purchased). Below it is a crawlspace and
above it is an attic which doesn't appear to have an access, not even
through the main attic space, It's puzzling as to how I will get in
there.
I know it's difficult to answer without seeing, but all suggestions
are appreciated.

Thank you

Trivial. You need a long ( 1 foot) 1/2" bit, a coat-hanger, and a pair of
pliers.

No, you need an "installer bit". Drill the hole, tie the cable on,
and pull it back through. Then seal the hole with caulk.

Running coax on outside of house and through wall is the hillbilly way
to do it. Fast and cheap, which is why it is so popular, but it looks
like crap. And the more coax and connectors you have exposed to the
weather, the quicker it fails.

--
aem sends...