Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ranger[_2_] The Ranger[_2_] is offline

Default Iron with brown gunk

On May 22, 11:00*am, "JoeSpareBedroom"
suggested:
Get yourself an iron cleaning kit:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?
order_num=-1&SKU=11291139

Works fast. Rowenta, the mfr, also makes irons, so the product can be
trusted not to hurt the iron. Removes all sorts of crap placed on the iron
by mindless chicks.

Update:

I purchased the above-linked product from BB&B and gave it a try.
Aside from the acrid stench that found every nook and cranny in my
house while using the product, even with the windows open, the product
worked like a charm. Two thumbs way up. The iron is still performing
like the workhorse is always was (minus the annoying gunk) and I have
a product that I hope will have a shelf-life for eternity.

Thanks for the information.

The Ranger