Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Money down the drain - ordered whole house water regulator.

wrote:
On Jun 11, 6:26 am, "Questor" wrote:
Finnaly after a little bout with the flu bug and mulling around about the
parts I needed, I installed the regulator and it's working great. I am
wondering on average about how long they last. Anyway here's a link about
thread sizes and the one for the place I bought the regulator from;

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/pipethreadsizing.html

http://www.plumbingworld.com/pressur...ors_water.html

With a measured incoming water pressure of 65, I wouldn't have put
money into a regulator. That pressure is well within the normal,
acceptable range, so it's unclear what real problems you are having.

I've seen static water pressures that low when folks
were having problems. If you watch the pressure meter
long enough or have a meter that has a peak indicator,
you may see pressure spikes of over 100 psi. The most
static pressure I've ever seen on a city water system
was 195 psi and the pressure spikes were off the scale.

TDD