Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Bush joke (parting shot)

On Jun 11, 11:36*am, wrote:
On Jun 11, 9:48*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 11, 9:12*am, wrote:
On Jun 11, 12:09*am, RicodJour wrote:

You're looking through the wrong end of the telescope. *I don't mean
to be harsh, but you shouldn't have had kids if you regret bringing
them into the _this_ world. *The world doesn't change. *There are
wars, famine, etc., etc. *This is as it has always been, and there's
no reason to believe it will change in any time frame that you can
imagine. *This is neither a good thing, nor a bad thing - it just is.

I'll make some assumptions. *Your kid has a roof over his head, food
on the table, is in reasonable health and has parents that care. *With
that in mind, who gives a rat's ass about the politics?

Maybe you should ask the Germans what happens when you take that
attitude. I seem to recall a war that cost 50mil+ lives not too long
ago. *There are countless other examples I could cite, but what's the
point? *It's incredible anyone could make such a stupid statement, but
it does show where we are headed.

Oh, maybe I misunderstood you. *Are you saying that Obama is Hitler,
or are you saying that the US is recovering from losing a war, just
ended some of the highest inflation the world has ever known, and the
people are used to taking orders so will just follow blithely into the
breach?

I didn't say or imply any of that.

Then why are you bringing up Nazi Germany?

We already did that blithely into the breach thing in Iraq - I don't
think that will be happening again any time soon without a little more
justification.

My statement above was addressed to a father who seemed to be saying
that he regretted bringing his kid into this world...this political
and economic world. *Do you feel that this our current situation is so
hopeless?

What is being "discussed" here is politics.

Yes, and you said

"Your kid has a roof over his head, food on the table, is in
reasonable health and has parents that care. *With that in mind, who
gives a rat's ass about the politics?"

Which is incredibly naive. * My obvious point is, ignore politics and
you could wind up like Nazi Germany. * Germany prospered under
Hitler's rule, people had better roofs, more food on the table, and
the trains ran on time. * *So, people didn't much care about his
politics, the morality of it, and look where it got them and the
world.

And I could give you countless other examples where that happened and
people lost their freedom and horrible effects resulted because they
didn't give a rat's ass about politics.

When I refer to 'politics' I am referring to the whole conservative/
liberal, democrat/republican, you're an idiot/no you are mentality
that is rampant. I am sorry if you read into that that I don't care
about the problems we are facing. I do - of course.

What I will not do is to pass on a pessimistic outlook to the next
generation and just be another bitter old fogey bitching about how the
world was better when they were a kid.

Working towards solutions doesn't mean you have to look to the future
with apprehension. That's like a wide receiver hearing footsteps and
getting spooked. Instead of thinking, "Uh oh, if I catch this I'm
going to get run over", they should be thinking, "If I catch this I'm
going to run my ass off and let's see if they can catch me." He still
may get run over in either event, but the second mindset is far more
likely to see him running his ass off and actually doing something.

People **** on each other's shoes because they don't agree with a
political view or politician.
Wow. *What a surprise.

Labeling people and moaning about the world going to hell in a hand
basket doesn't seem to improve the situation. *If it did, we would
have known by now - people have been doing it for long enough.

I found the real and major problems that Windcrest listed well thought
out. * Perhaps you think adding $10 trillion to the national debt over
the next decade is just politics we should ignore. * I don't. * And
he's right, it's a burden that our children will bear. * In fact, the
Libs were frequently bitching about exactly that point during the Bush
years, when his deficits were 3X smaller than Obama's budget.
Bitching about it while at the same time passing reckless spending
bills full of pork. * And now that Obama proposes DOUBLING the entire
national debt, running trillion dollar deficts for the next decade,
it's unreasonable to say one feels sorry for our children, because
they will live with the consequences? *And we shouldn't give a rat's
ass as long as we still have food? * *Speaking out about problems and
identifying them is the first step in the process of a solution.

It's akin to having a, gasp!, home repair discussion and having two
camps - the Nailers and the Screwers, then having pointless never
ending arguments about something where there is obviously room for
both, and a need for both.

These discussions turn into black and white discussions and the world
is much more nuanced than that.

Yes, that's what the libs always want us to believe. * It's all
relative. * The US is just about as bad when it comes to countries as
any other one. * *And so, Obama goes around the world appologizing.
I utterly reject that notion.

And as to the specific case that Windcrest made over the deficits, it
is black and white when you talk about adding $10 trillion to the
national debt. * The Germans told Obama it is wrong, the president of
the EU called it irresponsible, and even the communist Chinese premier
spoke publicly over concern with holding US debt. * The moderate
Democrats are beginning to speak out with concern.

And now we have the next act. * Suddenly, Obama tells us that we have
a "crisis" in healthcare. * A crisis which must be fixed by Aug. * See
a pattern here? * *Crisis, crisis, crisis! * We must come up with
immediate legislation and it must be passed by tomorrow. * Forget
about the fact that no one has time to read it or figure out what's
right or wrong with it.

The last crisis was the bailout money. * Despite the "crisis" and the
need for passing legislation giving away a trillion dollars, you know
how much has actually been dispersed so far? * *Five months later,
It's a few percent. * So much for the immediate crisis that warranted
passing it without reading it.

But, to you, it's just politics that don't matter a rat;'s ass....
You'll probably think differently when the consequences kick in. * In
fact, the BIGGEST danger right now is that initially, the Obama
recklless spending is going to work. * The economy will recover and
people may beging to believe this stupidity is right. * *It will only
be several years from now when the effects Windcrest so cogently
pointed out come in to play.

http://costofwar.com/ I don't see that that money was wisely invested
in our future, do you?

It doesn't matter which party someone is affiliated with, if you're
****ing money away, you're ****ing money away.

I see problems, I look for solutions. I don't care where the
solutions come from. I am not in control of where the problems come
from (usually), and I am also not in control of how the solutions are
approached. The best I can do is to try to maintain a pleasant
demeanor and make have rational, calm discussions about what needs to
be done with as many people as will listen.

The key thing should, of course, be for people to seek common ground
and seek a solution.
All the other stuff is chest thumping and finger pointing and
interests me not in the least.

I don't expect anyone to change their opinion based on what I say, I
just want them to listen and think about it. I don't see much
listening and thinking going on. I see people using the wonders of
the Internet to easily grab information that supports their pre-
conceived ideas. That happens on all sides. It only obfuscates. I
don't want to feed into the distractions. Sorry about that!