Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Bush joke (parting shot)

On Jun 11, 11:42*am, wrote:
On Jun 11, 11:19*am, RicodJour wrote:

Monty Python were lame?
The Marx Brothers were lame?
Abbot and Costello also lame?

There's a difference between general humor and jokes like the one
under discussion. * The above comedians were actually funnyand told
good jokes that made everyone laugh. * The joke under discussion isn't
funny, is obviously crafted by someone with BDS who exposed their own
ignorance. * *And that IS funny, because it's the BDS crowd that
always tries to portray Bush as the ignorant one. * Yet, they don't
even know what the White House Marine Guard actually does.

Smacking someone in the head with a shovel is not new, certainly not
original and not "accurate". It's absurd. Yet we still laugh.

I happen to like new takes on old jokes, at least some of the time,
and the OP's was just that.

It seems to me that you don't like who was being made fun of more than
anything else.
I also don't know what "general humor" means. There are no sacred
cows in humor.

This is another example of an argument that isn't.
I'll show you what I mean:

You win. The joke isn't funny and it isn't accurate and no one
without specific knowledge of what a Marine does at the White House
should be making such jokes.

See? I lost, you win and you've proven your point. That help?