Posted to alt.home.repair
Nucular Reaction[_2_] Nucular Reaction[_2_] is offline

Default garage door opener

On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 15:05:07 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 14:01:06 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

There are basically 2 companies that make garage door openers, Genie
and Chamberlin. Chamberlin also makes the Liftmaster and Craftsman
brands. I recommend Genie since they are made in the USA and you will
get a warm fuzzy feeling inside to help some of your fellow American's
stay employed. (I am assuming you are in the USA, if you are really
in Mexico, disregard what I said and buy the Chamberlin).

As others have said, the screw drive is quieter.

( my openers have rubber belts...not mention)

If you want a garage door and opener - visit:

http://www.martindoor.com/

USA family from Utah. Visit Lowe's and HD for sample material. I saved
20% at Lowe's and ONLY trained Martin Door installers are on site.
This is a new twist on box store installers.

I WILL never buy a garage unit unless from them...

Oren? Are you kidding me? That sure sounds like a Utah name. What are
you, the owner, the brother-in-law?