Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Bush joke (parting shot)

On Jun 11, 9:58*am, wrote:
On Jun 11, 9:34*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Jun 11, 9:07*am, wrote:

The really funny thing here is that this joke actually shows the
ignorance of the Bush haters suffering from BDS. * * There are NO
marines at the White House gates. * The gates are handled by the White
House Police and the Secret Service. * *The ceremonial guards are
located at the actual White House, not the street gates. * So, they
couldn't even construct a half-assed joke correctly and then one
imbecile after the other keeps repeating it. * Even if it were
correct, it isn't particularly creative or funny.

You look for factual accuracy and total originality in jokes? *Damn,
your friends probably stopped telling you jokes ages ago.

It clearly shows to me that those that suffer from BDS instead of
being as smart and superior as they believe, are actually the ignorant
ones. *The BDS crowd went around constantly pointing out any little
perceived foible Bush happened to make, trying to paint him as
stupid. * Even now that he's been gone for 6 months, they still can't
just "move on". * So, yeah I think it's entirely appropriate to point
out that those broadcasting this poor joke, are so stupid they don't
even know it doesn't make sense. * I bet if Bush had made a joke about
the Golden Gate Bridge in New York City, you'd be all over that,
wouldn't you?

No, I wouldn't. I don't look for accuracy or facts in a joke. I
happen to like absurdist humor. I loved the Three Stooges but I
didn't go around poking people in the eye.

If someone said the Golden Gate in NYC thing, and they were serious, I
would be all over it regardless of who said it. It's the stupidity
thing, not the political view/affiliation thing.

Every president gets ridiculed. It comes with the job.

It has nothing to do with you, and there's no need for you to defend
it.
Defending things such as this wastes time and talent, and distracts
from the real issues.