Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Special pattress box

In article
,
Vet Tech wrote:
They are similar to a normal steel backing box but have rounded
'corners' so neater. If you carefully do the cutout into the wood so
it pushes in from the outside and is a tight fit it could be secured
to the wood with some Evostick Serious glue - or if the wood is thick
enough a couple of small screws into it.

That's certainly one work-around and I guess if it wasnt a tight fit
initially, I could cut 4 short lengths of 10mmx 10mm aluminium angle
and glue these one on each side to the box at the back. Then it would
be fixed real good. Thanks.

From the neatness point of view I'd spend the time on making the hole in
the wood properly to give a good fit. If you've got a scanner - scan the
box for a template, print it out and glue to the outside of the bookcase.
Drill four holes of the correct diameter in the corners. Used a jigsaw etc
to cut out the rest leaving some waste - then file down to the line. Those
boxes have a slight rim so you'd need to relieve the front of the hole for
a perfect flush fit. Then glue in place. Shouldn't take any longer than
cutting and drilling ally angle - and should look very much better.

--
*Don't squat with your spurs on *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.