Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ouch- eletrocution

PeterC wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 14:26:16 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
drugs began to take hold. I remember David Hansen
saying something like:

However, the showing of a film in school which showed the true
effect of motor vehicle crashes on humans did not stop one pupil in
my year riding a motorcycle into a horse at high speed. It was fatal
for him (and I imagine the horse). That does not mean the film was
ineffective by the way, only that it was not 100% effective.
What makes you think the bike rider was at fault?

Because animals are unpredictable and he should make allowances.
Its a bit like that biker that killed himself on the front of a stationary
tractor.. in no way was the tractor at fault even though the bikers stupid
parents wanted the driver percecuted for being there.
The roads are full of stuff that you can hit when you drive like an idiot,
the best that can be hoped for is that the idiots only kill themselves.

Being able to stop in less than half the distance for which the road is
visibly or actually clear and not driving where the road is already
occupied or about to be were a couple of things that I was taught by the
time I was about 6yo - seems to work most of the time.

So, what speed is that when the distance to the side is about..errm 3
feet to the woods?

6mph or so, including thinking time?

I have certainly seen the odd cyclist at 12mph fall off on account of deer.