Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Decking Ramblings - longish.

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 07:39:45 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Commercially, as long as its functional it doesn't matter too much how it
looks because the boards cover it up. We don't measure noggin spacing for
example, just 'we need 4 in there' & space them by eye.

A common difference between DIY and professional, I think, which possibly
just comes down to time vs. money...

(I built some new shelving / workbenches the other day, and the framework
was a complete work of art - it was frustrating to cover it all up so
that nobody would ever see any of it! :-)