Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] IlBeBauck@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default Insulating above a Drop ceiling . Question.

On Jun 10, 3:53*pm, wrote:
On Jun 10, 3:06*pm, " wrote:

Im going to have about 2' in the center above the drop ceiling, and of
course a decreasing height as you move toward the exterior walls.

Not sure what you mean by "of course". * *Most drop ceilings don't
have a decreasing height from center to the walls.
he
Which is more effective ?: *Insulate all the way up, or, leave an air
space of some amount ? *If the latter, how much air space ? *(Id like
to use Batt insulation). *Thanks, David.

tin From an energy perspective, insulation is more effective than
unconstrained free air. * *Impossible to say anymore without knowing
what you have above the insulation.

1. If youre putting in a drop ceiling with a cathedral ceiling above
it... the height between the drop ceiling and cathedral ceiling will
vary as you move further away from center. This is my case.

2. What i have above the batt insulation going in, is a cathedral
ceiling and beyond that id guess a few inches of roof insulation then
the wood deck then the asphalt tiles. I suspected insulating all the
way up was better than any air space. Thanks.