Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What kind of weed

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:53:24 -0700, NSN wrote:

I have this weed that I cannot get rid of. It is surrounding my sweet
basil, radishes and zucchini. I am hesitant of using a weed killer. If
I knew what it is, I could Google it and get some specific advice.
Here is its URL:

http://tinyurl.com/nh8b9u

All comments appreciated.

Norm

I have weeds around my radishes and zuchinni, etc. I hand-pull weeds
close to the stem, then hoe the rest. For a 20x20 garden it takes me
about an hour each month. I dislike using herbicides in a vegetable
garden. You can mulch around plants with compost, controls weeds,
helps retain water and provides some nutrients. The squash plants
grow fast and will shade the ground.