Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - A intriguing "open lette"r on health care ...

"dpb" wrote:

Nor ime is it likely to make any real difference in EOL outcomes as
technology continues to improve to extend life and the expectation
is that everyone is entitled to receive every possible treatment to
extend life as long as possible irregardless of eventual outcome (in
the near term sense, obviously). With that increasing technology
and the use of it are inherent higher costs.

As I said earlier, it is the real elephant in the room.

It is THE issue that society must face.

When do you say, "Enough is enough"?

Do we require everybody to have a "Living will"?

At least then, the desires of the person most affected are known.

Do we nationally adopt the procedures that are in place in Oregon?

Do we empower the government to make these decisions?

I think NOT.

What part does a persons religion have in this process?

Tough questions, but it now is the time to face up to what are not
only tough, but uncomfortable questions to answer.

Lew