Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ouch- eletrocution

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:36:29 -0500, Jules wrote:

Deer are very good for dashing across the road in front of traffic -
they tend to wait right until the last minute. However, worse still,
often I've seen them walk across the road as though with a purpose -
only to get spooked by an approaching vehicle once they're safely
across, at which point they bolt *back* across the road from where they
just came, right into the path of vehicle.

Pheasants do that as well. Must be a game thing.

(these are White-tailed deer, incidentally - I think the UK ones are
all Roe deer, aren't they, along with smaller Muntjacs?)

Red are about in the wild as well, not just confined to the Highlands. The
commonest species is the Roe though. I still wouldn't want to hit one at
50mph though. Rabbits can do enough damage...

--
Cheers
Dave.