Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default where does site boarding go

In article ,
John Stumbles wrote:
Medium to large-ish building sites always seem to be boarded off with
acres of 8x4 ply sheets, painted. And posts to fix it all on. Where
does it all go afterwards? (Thinking of cheap shed materials :-))

Most of the stuff I see on our campus appears to be scrapped once the
building work is finished. It's an impressive contruction job with
serious posts and then the whole lot is painted (often in multiple colours)
then all just scrapped :-/

Guess it's insignificant on a couple of million quid building job.

Many years back the gas board were building some sort of pumping station
over the road from my parents. All hording there was 3/4 inch ply - decent
stuff. When they were finishing the site dad asked them what happened to
it and they showed us where it was going to be stacked before being burnt
in a huge bonfire.

Next day their fire was a lot smaller than planned. Dads workshop is
still solid 20 years later and his mates loft has the most impressive
over spec boarding I've ever seen ;-)

Darren