Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Heat Dissipation?

"Lee Michaels" writes:

"mac davis" wrote

For our karaoke gig, we've found that placing pen blanks on each side of
the amp
and mic receiver, as sort of foot risers, increases the air flow/cooling
dramatically..
(the wireless receiver is stacked on the amp)

Pen blanks, eh??

Maybe you should write an article on other unexpected and original uses of
pen blanks.

Nah - go into business selling them to audiophiles. You can make big bucks
on something like this; charge $100 ea. for 4 blanks and claim they increase
the sound quality if inserted between the amp and cd player.

Use a tropical hardwood and claim special 'damping' due to the internal
resonance of the wood fibers interacting with frequencies in a narrow
inaudible band above 20khz.

The resulting sound will be cleaner, bass will be crisper and the
high frequencies will shine.

scott
(there's a sucker born every second)