Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpryan jtpryan is offline

Default Oh boy, I've got a pile of cherry...

On Jun 9, 2:25*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
Perhaps the New Hampshire Directory of Sawmills & Lumber Wholesalers
would help

http://extension.unh.edu/forestry/sa..._dir_print.cfm

I love Google.

On Jun 9, 8:15*am, jtpryan wrote:

On Jun 9, 11:06*am, Sonny wrote:

I have done tons of air drying over the years:
If the boards have sawdust on them, wash it off with a garden hose
before stickering. *That sawdust holds moisture and dirt dust that can
mold and mildew, causing black discoloration on the lumber.
If you are in a low humidity area, you may want to wet the boards
daily so that they don't dry too fast, however you don't want the
boards to rot. *Do this as best you can so that the wetted boards
drain well.
Don't sticker the lumber in direct sunlight...some boards will dry too
fast. *For air drying lumber, a slow-drying process is best. *Fast
drying lumber will check and warp.

Check around for a kiln and see if the price for kiln drying is in
your budget.

Sonny

Thanks for all the replies. *I'll post a picture of it all when I get
a chance. *The best part was my wife asking "Great, how are we going
to get rid of *all of it..." *I love her.

I did find this web site:

http://extension.missouri.edu/public...b.aspx?P=G5550

So, I won't cut it down, get it way up off the ground, and put
"sticks" in between it and cover it with something for a roof. *I'll
look around for a kiln, but I have no idea where one could be. *At the
risk of CSE making a midnight run I'll tell you I am on the NH
Seacoast, so if anybody knows of a kiln in that area please let me
know.

-Jim- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for that. Turns out Rand Lumber is right around the corner
from me and they do "custom drying". I haven't lived in this area all
that long and don't know a lot of the local business'. I don't have a
truck so I'll see what the cost would be to pick it up. Had I known
there would be this much I would have gotten ahead of this and had
them deliver it there. I like saying "this much"...

-Jim