Posted to alt.home.repair
Master Tang Master Tang is offline

Default AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

"Master Tang" wrote in message

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Master Tang wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message (snip)

Usenet and a long-time mail address were about the only reasons I kept
my ATT account active. I have several other mail accounts, and get my
DSL connection from a 3rd-party provider anyway, since ATT does not
serve this neighborhood with anything but crappy dialup. All in all,
other than I can't remember all the places I have passed out this
address as how to get hold of me, not much reason for me to stick with
ATT. And since even the 'bring your own' account still costs six bucks
a month, well, that six bucks could go toward a giganews account.

--
aem sends...

I keep ATT because it's the cheapest ISP. I pay about $14 + change/mth.
I really don't care much about Usenet. You can always find a free Usenet
servers. It really isn't that big of a deal.

The ISP portion of ATT is worthless, IMHO. (Who needs their silly-ass
home page with all the toys?) I would also like to get the $14.95 DSL
from them, versus the $42 3rd party DSL I do have, but ATT doesn't offer
that in my neighborhood. If I could do that, I'd definitely keep them.
But since I can't, once Usenet goes away, the only service I will be
getting from them is mail. I have other mail accounts, including from my
DSL provider (who also does not provide Usenet. So that six bucks a month
I pay to ATT will be looking kind of pointless.

What is an actual free (non crippled, not banner-ad-carrying) free usenet
service?

--
aem sends...

Try here. This is posted from freenews.netfront.net

Even set it's self up in OE.

Doh....Here's the link.

http://www.canue.com/nntp/freenewsserver05.htm