Posted to alt.home.repair
Nail-In-Thumb Nail-In-Thumb is offline

Default Building a closet...need some help

I live in a ranch style house that has a room above the garage. I'd
like to install a closet so that I can "officially" count this room as
a bedroom (there is also a window in the room). All of the websites
that I've visited seem to recommend framing a closet in the existing
room, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to cut into the wall
to frame a doorway then build the closet on the other side of the
wall? The room is narrow and the ceiling is pitched, so framing a
closet in the room would look really awkward. Do anyone know where I
could find step-by-step plans for a project like this? The other side
of the wall runs into the attic, so I should have plenty of room. I
would just need to install a sub-floor.

Thanks in advance,

Nail-in-Thumb