Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Charlie[_7_] Charlie[_7_] is offline

Default LCD Monitor Backlight ---GOOD NEWS

"Charlie" wrote in message
My monitor is an LG L1932TQ-BF. as I was reading the screen the brightness
flickered and the screen went dark. If I power down and then back up, I
get a very brief well lit screen with "normal" text showing. It lasts less
than a second. The power light comes on normally and changes color when a
video signal is there.

First of all, thanks for the responses. As I started getting educated I
realized that the inverter could likely be the culprit.
While the tubes aren't too bad the inverters turn out to be a relatively
expensive item. Then there is the problem of diagnosing which part had
really failed.

Secondly, I started pulling out the paperwork from with receipts, warranty
information etc.

The GOOD NEWS.

The backlight warranty is 3 years and does not expire until 12 days from
now. A replacement, albeit refurbished monitor, will be shipped to me as
swap with the bad unit. How's that for cutting it close? The more likely
scenario is that the warranty ended last week.

Thanks again.

Charlie