Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Patio Paving

mo wrote:
Another question

Where my paving ends and my grass starts - i suppose i can just have
edging which is concreted in but is flat like my normal slabs and then
just fill in with soil and start my grass straight after?

Or just pack the first couple of inches at the edge with sand/cement.
I wouldn't bother with compacting either. If you pack out and level the
slabs as you go, it really isn't necessary for light duty traffic. In
any case, that's a fairly foolproof method for amateurs, and you can do
a bit at a time. Tough on the back otherwise.