Posted to alt.home.repair
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Room Air Conditioner Settings

I turned on the through-the-window air conditioner in the bedroom to
cool it down earlier and wondered which setting, high or low, would be
more energy efficient in pre-cooling a room. It seems that setting it
on high would cool the room quicker then cycle on and off to keep it
at the desired temperature. However, the high setting does use more
energy when it's on, I believe, so maybe putting it on low and
allowing a slow, gradual cool-down would be better. Or maybe it
doesn't make any difference. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Paul