Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default LCD Monitor Backlight

"Charlie" wrote in message
My monitor is an LG L1932TQ-BF. as I was reading the screen the brightness
flickered and the screen went dark. If I power down and then back up, I
get a very brief well lit screen with "normal" text showing. It lasts less
than a second. The power light comes on normally and changes color when a
video signal is there.

I have not had the need to get into the guts of an LCD monitor.

What sort of precautions are to be observed when replacing the light(s)?

I have fixed almost everything else electronic in the past. I have done
CRT TVs, PC's, Microwaves etc. What I need is a road map before I open it
up. Are there any good sites with directions and are there any preferred
suppliers of replacements.

I know I could just Google this but it is always better to get advice from
someone with hands on experience.

I could run out and get a new monitor, but as a retiree I have more time
than money.

Charlie

Good source of parts and cross references here

http://www.lcdparts.net/CCFL1.aspx

and some "how to" stuff here

http://www.lcdparts.net/howto/default.aspx

Good luck with it