Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique Jay Pique is offline

Default Dedicated Clamping Cauls

On Jun 8, 8:29*pm, Morris Dovey wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
And, for those who think it ridiculous to go through the trouble of
obtaining a CNC'd template to make a clamping caul.....you're probably
right! *To me a fair curve seems like it should apply more even
pressure across the width of the panel, so that's why I wanted it.

Thanks, Morris!

I'm glad they did the job. The nice part about having a good template is
that it can be used over and over.

Afterward I wondered if a catenary with that same 1/8" chord height
might apply more even pressure...

Hmmm...that's a question for the engineeers, but I like the way you
think. Is that sort of formula easily input into your CNC language?

JP