Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mo Mo is offline

Default Patio Paving

"Phil L" wrote in message
m...

Regarding your first point, type 1 (MOT) will sink unless packed down
mechanically - I normally use a one tonne vibrating roller, but I relaise
this is overkill for a patio, but that said, you can hire a whacker plate
for a few quid and if I were you, I'd sprinkle a few bags of cement in
with the MOT prior to whacking down, then trammell the sand so as to get
an even bed - obviously once it's trammelled, you can't walk on it, so
only do a small section at a time and lay your blocks in rows, then whack
the blocks down into it when finished and brush in kiln dried pavior sand

right so say i gor for edging - can it just be the normal slabs but they are
put in first with concrete?

i guess then its a case of type 1 edgings sharp sand rest of blocks

does that mean then the edgings get concreted/cemented? in before the sand
goes down? in which case how can you ensure the edgings end up the same
level as the normal blocks once vibrated down?

obviously the edges of the edges will have sand between them and anything
else they may touch - i.e my neighbours gravel boards - imporant incase he
wants to take them out.