Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] andyeverett57@gmail.com is offline

Default Radon systems, max air removed little energy loss?

As a handyman I have noticed several Radon systems which seemed to
exhaust large volumes of air from improperly sealed basements. When
the house in question is heating or cooling this exhausted air is made
up from outside air and increases the energy used for heating or
cooling a house.

Can you give me an order of magnitude estimate of the amount of air
removed on a yearly basis from the radon system costs say an extra
hundred dollars in added heating and cooling costs? Does removing the
volume of air in a house once add an extra dollar on average to
heating and cooling a house?

I suspect many radon systems could use a tune up?

Thanks for any help.