Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking
evodawg[_2_] evodawg[_2_] is offline

Default OT Stereotypes of "liberals" vs "conservatives"

HeyBub wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jun 7, 11:05 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Doug Winterburn wrote:

As my dear old departed mum told me almost 50 years ago - "When
you're young, you're idealistic and liberal, then you got to work
and start paying taxes and become a conservative, then you get old
and start looking for help because you didn't plan ahead and you
become liberal again".

Or "a conservative is a former liberal who's been robbed."

One maxim that floated around New York during the Guiliana years:

"A Republican is a Democrat who suddenly realizes he hasn't been
mugged lately."

So what does that make the Republicans that just robbed this Country
of TRILLIONS?

Uh, no. Every single Republican in the Congress voted AGAINST the
multi-trillion dollar bailouts. The thing the Republicans supported - in
the last administration - was less than a trillion ($837 billion if I
recall correctly).

These arguments have been made for eons and I wonder if they've ever solved
anything? I'm staying out of them but they are fun to read! Although I have
always thought the Government is the Problem not the Solution. So now you
know my politics. Liberal or Conservative?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"