Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sinclair {Was: More ecobollox}

In article ,
"Bob Eager" writes:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 14:16:43 UTC, (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

I also stayed away from the Sinclair ones. They were poor build
quality, and not as accurate as most others. My very first pocket
calculator is still knocking around somewhere -- 4 functions plus
square root, and still working. Ah - the magic of the web...
http://www.vintagecalculators.com/html/mini_7.html

I had mine (Casio I think) for many years; gone now. Still have my
British Thornton slide rule, though..

I'd lost my slide rule, but I decided I'd like another one whilst I
could still get one, so I bought one off eBay (again, British Thornton).
I could still remember exactly how to use it, although it came with
the original box and instructions too.

One day when I'm working in the office, I'm going to get it out of
my drawer to do a calculation when some young whipersnapper comes
and asks a question! (I'm very rarely in the office though.)

--
Andrew Gabriel