Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Electrical puzzle

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

This is probably too convoluted to try and explain here but I'll try.

I have two lights that I want to control with 3-way switches: 1 light
is in the garage 60 feet away and one light is the house. I plan to
put them on the same circuit.

In the house I have two 3-way switches: H1 and H2
In the garage I have two 3-way switches: G1 and G2

I planned to share the neutral, so I put in the conduit one 14/3 and
one 14/2.
But now it seems to be that I'm one wire short!!!
The problem is that while the garage light is wired H1-G1-light, the
house light needs to be wired H2-light-G2 and I just can't come up
with a diagram that will make it work.

Can anyone help out of my predicament?

Thanks!

Aaron

Assuming you have 2 two gang boxes at each location and two 3way switches at
each location. You have to have 2 wires at either location going to each
light. you need a feed brought into one of the switch locations, and you'll
need 3 wires going from each switch to it's corresponding switch location